Welcome to our athletics page! Heritage Academy employs the best coaches & faculty in the Valley. Part of being the best includes knowing what makes a good team and how to have a fun while developing character in youth through academics and athletics. We invite you to come take a tour, meet our staff, come watch a game, and see how our awesome scholars are excelling on the court/field and off the court/field.
Some good reads recommended by athletic staff:
1. “Coaching from the Sidelines”
2. Heritage Academy strongly encourages and recommends that all of our Athletes be Multi-Sport Athletes http://changingthegameproject.com/the-race-to-nowhere-in-youth-sports/
Below are the forms that both scholars and parents need to review and fill out before participating in sports.
2017 – 2018 Athletic Packet
As a reminder, Heritage Academy has an academic eligibility requirement in order to compete. Here is the wording from our handbook: “Academic Eligibility to Compete: Scholar Athlete grades are checked at or before lunchtime every Monday during the sports season. Players must be passing with 70% or above in each of their individual classes to participate in the game/meet, or to practice after school, for that week. Eligibility, therefore, is determined on a week-to-week basis.”
Mandatory material for all sport participants:
- Concussion in Sports<<(click there). Must be watched prior to any participation. Please watch videos and answer all questions (aprox 30 minutes). Then either download the certificate to your computer and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or print the certificate and give to your coach.
Interested in coaching at Heritage? Please send a resumé and email to Athletic Director, Kyle Leybas: email@example.com.
Athletic Participation Physical Evaluation
Athletic Code of Conduct
Parent Consent and Emergency Information Form
Heritage Academy is excited about our baseball program, which is in a building phase this next year or two.
The team is becoming more competitive, and we offer opportunities for players who might need some skill development. The main requirement is a strong commitment to building excellence and team loyalty.
We have a Varsity team, and everyone is looking forward to a great year.
Heritage has a number of boys and girls basketball teams for junior high, junior varsity and varsity levels. Heritage competes in the Charter Athletic Association (CAA). Come join the program!
Click on “Calendar” above and sort on a team to view upcoming games.
A Heritage of Success
- 2017 – Boys Division II State Semi-Finals
- 2016 – Skyline Turkey Shootout Tournament Runner-up
- 2016 – Boys Division II State Semi-Finals
- 2016 – Boys Division II West Conference Champions
- 2015 – Boys Division II State Semi-Finals
- 2015 – Boys Division II West Conference Champions
Over the past several years, few football programs in the state of Arizona have enjoyed as much success as Heritage Academy. Heritage competes in the Canyon Athletic Association (CAA) Division III football program. With a solid program, and Head Coach Leybas at the helm, even more success is expected. Experience the wide open style of this brand of tackle football!
A Heritage of Success
- 2016 – Division III State Semi-Finals
- 2015 – Division II State Semi-Finals (8-Man)
- 2014 – 6-1 Inaugural Season (8-Man)
Interested in golf? Learn the game and improve your skills by taking a golf class for one of your physical education credits! We play at local 9-hole course.
Since 1995, Kenpo classes have been taught by Patrick Schafer. Mr. Schafer is a Heritage Alunmi teaching under the direction of Mr. John Duke. Mr. Duke was the first certified Advanced American Kenpo Concepts instructor in the State of Arizona.
Heritage has an outstanding co-ed soccer program for junior high, junior varsity and varsity levels. Come out and play!
The pride and joy of the Heritage Academy Laveen campus. Coach Kerrey Hunt has led the softball program to amazing success since year one.
A Heritage of Success:
- 2017 – Junior High Division I State Runner-up
- 2016 – Varsity Division II State Champions
- 2016 – Junior High Division II State Champions
- 2016 – Junior High Southwest Conference Champions
- 2015 – Junior High Division II State Runner-up
Heritage competes in the Charter Athletic Association for junior high, junior varsity and varsity girls volleyball. Can you jump, set or spike? Come out and play!
Heritage of Success
- 2016 – Varsity Division II Central Conference Champions
- 2015 – Junior High South Central Conference Champions
- 2014 – Junior High South West Conference Champions
This class offers students an opportunity to improve their strength and basic athletic conditioning. Students and teacher will work together to fit the individual’s needs. Classes are held in our own fitness center.
Scholars swim at the KROC Center pool.