Last week an email was sent out about a temporary transition to Google Classroom and other online learning that will begin this and next week. Families should have received an email last night (3/16) with the google username for scholars. Here are a few frequently asked questions to help you be successful for the next two weeks or longer should Heritage need to continue blended learning long term:
- What is the format of my login? The format for a scholar google login is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I forgot my password, how do I reset it? Please fill out this google form requesting your password be reset. Please allow up to 24 hours for the password to be reset. If you request today it will be much quicker😊 GOOGLE PASSWORD RESET FORM (<<Click Here only if you forgot it)
- When do I need to start working on classes? Teachers are creating classrooms, assignments and materials this week. While there may be some due dates this week right now because teachers are still working on classes, assignments will not be due until next week. Scholars will begin working on Monday, March 23rd. We encourage you to log on this week to become familiar with classes, but you will not need to start working until next week starting on Monday.
- Why am I not seeing any classes when I log in? Teachers will be sending an invite to scholar emails for each of the individual classes they are registered for. Please log in to your school Gmail account to accept those invites so you will be able to register and see all of your Heritage courses. Many of those invites have already been sent, but all invites will have been sent by Thursday. Should you not see a class by Thursday, please reach out to the teacher.
- I have no idea what I am doing, how do we log in to Google Classroom? Attached to this email are a couple of documents to help you as parents and scholars log in to Google Classroom and begin working on assignments.
- What if my teacher or class is already using other resources like Khan Academy or Typing.com? All classes will have a Google Classroom section. From there you may have links to complete those assignments with Khan Academy or Typing.com. Please look first on Google Classroom for all classes to keep everything in one central place.
- How am I going to be graded? Just as scholars would be graded with any assignment, quiz, or participation, teachers will continue to input grades into PowerSchool. Please make sure that you are regularly logging in to PowerSchool to check grades and current progress.
- I forgot my PowerSchool Login, how do I get that? Please email Mrs. Wilson to obtain that information. email@example.com
- Will there be assignments for every class? Yes, every class will have assignments beginning on Monday the 23rd. Electives, fine arts, PE, and core classes will have different assignments to complete starting next week.
- I don’t have a computer, how am I supposed to complete work? Google Classroom is accessible through phones and other mobile devices allowing work to be completed anywhere, even without a computer.
We thank you for your patience as we are all learning together right now and living in some unique times. Any questions that you have please feel free to call or email and we can get you answers. Our phones are still up and we are available during regular school hours. Other questions can always be emailed to Mr. Leybas. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for making Heritage such a wonderful place. Even if we aren’t all together right now our teachers are still very much dedicated and excited to help scholars grow and learn. We hope that you and your family are all heathly right now and everyone is doing well. Let us know if we can help in any way. Please do not hesitate to reach out to teachers or myself with any questions.